Center for Economic Development and Institutions (CEDI) and the Department of Economics and Finance at Brunel University will be organizing the 11th Annual CEDI conference on development and institutions on 14th July 2016 at Brunel University (Uxbridge, London, UK). This year’s theme is quarter of century of post-communist transition. The keynote lecture will be given by
Prof Sergei Guriev,
Sciences Po, Paris, and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, London
Contributions are particularly welcome on (but not limited to) the following themes :
• Institutional change during transition
• State capture and corruption
• Why transition paths diverged ?
• Role of historical legacies and/or culture in explaining transition outcomes
• Migration in the context of post-communist transition and/or European integration
• Transition and European integration
There is no fee for participating in the conference. Limited funds may be available to support travel and accommodation expenses. If you require funding to attend, please indicate so when submitting your paper (it is unlikely that all requests for funding will be honoured).
To apply to participate, please submit complete or draft papers to Jan Fidrmuc, email@example.com, by 21st June 2016. Acceptance decisions on submission will be communicated shortly after this deadline.